5 Effective Tips Of Responsive Web Design
5 Effective Tips Of Responsive Web Design
Due to the high volume of internet traffic using mobile devices, responsive web design can no longer be ignored. In 2014, for the first time, more users accessed the internet from their mobile devices than desktop due to this Responsive Web Design has become Important as it enhances the overall user experience, which, in turn, leverages the brand image of respective companies.
What is Responsive Web Design (RWD)
Responsive web design (RWD) is an approach to web design that makes web pages render well on a variety of devices and window or screen sizes and has grown more relevant as the amount of mobile traffic now accounts for more than half of total internet traffic. Due to this, Google announced Mobilegeddon in 2015 and began to expand the ratings of sites that are mobile-friendly if the search was made from a mobile device. Responsive web design is an example of user interface plasticity.
Here are 5 Effective Tips Of Responsive Web Design :
1. How does responsive web design work?
A site designed with Responsive Web Design adjusts the
layout to the viewing environment by using fluid, proportion-based grids,
flexible images,and CSS3 media queries an extension of the @media rule, in the following ways:
- The fluid grid concept calls for page element sizing to be in relative units like percentages, rather than absolute units like pixels or points .
- Flexible images are also sized in relative units, so as to prevent them from displaying outside their containing element.
- Media queries allow the page to use different CSS style rules based on characteristics of the device the site is being displayed on, e.g. width of the rendering surface (browser window width or physical display size).
- Responsive layouts automatically adjust and adapt to any device screen size, whether it is a desktop, a laptop, a tablet, or a mobile phone.
2. Why is Responsive Web Design important?
Responsive design is a way to put together a website so that it automatically sizes its content and elements to match the screen size on which it is viewed. It keeps images from being larger than the screen width and prevents visitors on mobile devices from needing to do extra work to read your content. This helps solve a lot of problems for your website. It will make your site mobile-friendly, improve the way it looks on devices with both large and small screens, and increase the amount of time that visitors spend on your site. It can also help you improve your rankings in search engines.
3. Why the responsive website is good for your business?
- Enhanced Customers or visitor's user experience
How a website looks concerns a lot when it comes to digital marketing. People visiting a webpage are excited by innovative designs and pathbreaking features. It results in an attractive portal which generates more traffic. It is crucial for marketing and broadens the customer base of firms.
- Promotes Mobile-friendly website
Responsive web design is not only about compatible of screens and resizable images, but rather about a whole new approach to web design. The ‘mobile-first’ philosophy of Google complements this strategy and you can immensely benefit from responsive designs. Particularly, when your customers go for local searches, these designs are more effective for mobile users.
- Improves SEO.
You must be aware of the extensive benefits of search engine optimization. A responsive website promotes SEO and in turn, you will enjoy better search engine rankings. Responsive designs are ideal for SEO purposes. In mobile devices, different elements of the page, including images are optimized and this enables the users to open the website much faster. It cuts down the time requirements and ensures a seamless experience to the users.
- Responsive Web Design improve social media marketing.
Brands from different industries are opting for social media marketing. In these cases, they expect a classy set-up to get across to their clients. If you want to conduct a balanced social media campaign, a responsive webpage can complement all your efforts. It is possible to incorporate all the design principles that make a webpage effective in responsive websites.
4. What are the three parts of responsive website design?
- Flexible layouts -
Using a flexible grid to create the website layout that will dynamically resize to any width.
- Media queries -
An extension to media types when targeting and including styles. Media queries allow designers to specify different styles for specific browser and device circumstances.
- Flexible media -
Makes media (images, video and other formats) scalable, by reducing the size of the media as the size of the viewport changes.
5 . How can you tell if a website is responsive?
- Open HilaxMedia.com in Chrome, on mobile or desktop.
- If you've never been inside Developer Tools before, click F12 or open Chrome's menu > More Tools > Developer Tools. To activate device mode, simply click the device icon in the top left corner of the Developer Tools window. Click to the icon to toggle device mode.
Responsive Web Design helps expand your business and grow your customer base and leverage your business. Responsive Web Design is one of the key strategies for digital marketing. So it is very vital Business owners understand the importance and benefits of using responsive design. Need more details? Contact us directly.